Al Golden Scholarship
The Al Golden Memorial Scholarship Fund, named after North Dakota oil pioneer and the first member of the North Dakota Petroleum Council’s Hall of Fame Al Golden, was established in 2008 to support students who are pursuing post-secondary education in geology, engineering, processing plant technology, science, technical skills or other careers related to the oil and gas industry. The scholarships are part of the oil and gas industry’s efforts to help solve growing workforce demands in North Dakota. The North Dakota Petroleum Foundation awards nine $2,000 scholarships each school year. Recipients receive $1,000.00 for the fall semester and $1,000.00 for the spring semester.
To be ELIGIBLE for the award, students must:
- Be a full-time student for the fall semester of 2021 and the spring semester of 2022;
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher;
- Be pursuing post-secondary education in geology, engineering, processing plant technology, science, technical skills or other careers related to the oil and gas industry in a North Dakota institution;
- And, must have completed ONE of the following:
- Have at least six months of work/internship experience in the oil and gas industry;
- Have completed at least 12 hours in geology, earth science, geological/petroleum engineering, chemistry, math, or safety.
Applications for the 2021-2022 school year will open April 1, 2021.
Our 2020-2021 Al Golden Memorial Scholarship Award Winners
Organismal Biology and Geology, Dickinson State University
Geology, North Dakota State University
Nicholas “Nick” Knapp
Petroleum Engineering, University of North Dakota
Geology PhD, University of North Dakota
Graduate Geophysics Research Assistant, University of North Dakota, Energy & Environmental Research Center
Mechanical Engineering, University of Mary
Mechanical Engineering, University of North Dakota
Energy Management, Bismarck State College
Electrical Engineering, North Dakota State University